Welcome to the "Frequently Asked Questions" segment with renowned immigration lawyer Rocio Becerril. We know that the immigration process can be complicated and often raises many questions.

That's why Rocio is here to share her knowledge and experience with all of you.


In this segment, Rocio will answer the most common questions about visas, permanent residency, citizenship, and other immigration-related topics. Our goal is to provide you with the information and guidance you need to make informed decisions and achieve your dreams in this new country.


But this is not just about the questions we have already collected. We want to hear from you! If you have any questions or concerns related to immigration, feel free to leave them in the comment box at the end of this page. Rocio will be happy to address your questions in future editions of our "Frequently Asked Questions" segment.


Remember, knowledge is power and, in the case of immigration, it can make the difference between success and frustration on your way to a new and promising life in the United States. Don't miss this amazing opportunity to learn from an expert on the subject and get answers to your questions!

What is the U Visa?

The U Visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa that allows victims of certain crimes who have suffered physical or mental abuse to temporarily stay and work in the United States.

What are the requirements to apply for a U Visa?

Requirements include being a victim of a qualifying crime, having suffered physical or mental abuse, cooperating with authorities in the investigation of the crime, and demonstrating that you are in the United States.

How long does it take to get a U Visa?

Processing time can vary depending on several factors, such as the workload of the processing center and the complexity of the case. Currently, the average waiting time is 60 or more months.

How many U Visas are granted each year?

The annual cap for U Visas is 10,000. However, immediate family members may also be eligible for derivative status.

Can I bring my family with me if I get a U Visa?

Yes, immediate family members, such as a spouse, unmarried children under 21 years old, and in some cases, parents and siblings, may be eligible for derivative status through the U Visa.

How long can I stay in the United States with a U Visa?

The U Visa has a validity of four years and may be extended under exceptional circumstances.

Can I work with a U Visa?

Yes, once the U Visa is granted, beneficiaries are allowed to work in the United States.

Is it possible to obtain permanent residency (Green Card) through a U Visa?

Yes, after three years of continuous stay in the United States with the U Visa, beneficiaries can apply for permanent residency.


Please enter the code
* Required fields
There are no entries yet.
Avvo - Rate your Lawyer. Get Free Legal Advice.
Print | Sitemap
Copyright © 2022 Law Office of RSB Ltd. All rights reserved.